Dementia Link Persons
Dementia Link Persons are passionate about Dementia, raising awareness and supporting the development of better practices to improve the experience for people with Dementia and their carers.
A Dementia Link Person can be ANYONE in ANY role, for example Domestic, Security, Nurses, Consultants, Managers and Directors with East Lancashire. Being a Dementia Person forms part of someone’s main role, it provides evidence for continuous professional development. Protected time will be provided to allow individuals to carry out this role.
Being a Dementia Link Person forms part of someone’s main role and can provide evidence for continuous professional development.
A Dementia Link Person will have the opportunity to:
- Improve the experience of people with Dementia and their carers
- Enhance skills
- Attend additional training
- Be a specialist resource for colleagues providing information, advice and guidance
- Be a valued member of the Dementia Link Person’s Network
- Be invited to attend bi-monthly Dementia Link Person’s Network sessions
- Talk to people with Dementia and their carers, feeding back their experiences in order to improve good practices.
- Support the roll-out of the Butterfly scheme, promoting its benefits
- Support and encourage the use of ‘This is me’ leaflet, a practical tool to help understand someone with Dementia in an unfamiliar place.
- Signpost people towards further information, for example Alzheimer’s Society or Carers Centres.
- Complete Kwango e-learning
- Link Nurse within Mental Health Liaison (Sandra Nuttall)
If you are interested in making a difference please contact Sandra.Nuttall@elht.nhs.uk