Useful Contacts


Lancashire Well Being Service

The Lancashire Wellbeing Service is a targeted service provided across Lancashire, aiming to support adults (18 years plus), families and carers who are understood to have long term health conditions, low level emotional health and with lifestyle or social issues. The service predominantly works with people at high or moderate risk, comprising approximately 20% of the adult population.

To get in touch with them, please call 03450 138208 or use the online referral form.

Healthwatch Lancashire

Healthwatch Lancashire is a public voice on health and social care in the county with the role to listen and the power to significantly influence change within the health and social care system. Contact Healthwatch if you want to have your say.

Contact them by telephone on 01524 239100 or by emailing

Residents of Blackburn with Darwen are served by Healthwatch Blackburn with Darwen.

Contact them by telephone on 01254 504985 or by emailing


Homewise is a not for profit organisation that is dedicated to helping homeowners remain living independently in their own homes for as long as possible.

You can contact them by telephone on 01254 232 249 or .

St Vincent’s

St Vincent’s are a home care and repair agency based in East Lancashire covering Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale and Ribble Valley, they can help with range of repairs, improvements and advice if there is someone in the house who is aged 60+ or someone who is registered disabled.

You can contact them by telephone on 01706 221849.

Carers Link Lancashire

Carers Link Lancashire support unpaid carers providing a free and confidential service. They support carers aged 6 to 100+ and have specialist workers for Young Carers and Young Adult Carers. The support offered includes the following:-

  • Help planning for an emergency
  • Carers Assessments
  • Respite through the individual and group Sitting in Service
  • Opportunity to influence services
  • A regular break from your caring role
  • Quarterly magazine & e-bulletins
  • Support to look after your own health & wellbeing through the go2 Carers Leisure scheme
  • 24/7 CHAT Line
  • Volunteer opportunities
  • Support for Working Carers

Further information can be found on their website

Admiral Nurses

Admiral Nurses can provide support in the community for people with dementia and their carers and families by offering a central point of contact, providing information and advice and helping to gain skills which will enable you to live well with dementia. The service is provided to Legion Beneficiaries and their families, you can contact them on 01257 244698.

GS Social Care

GS Social Care are a family run, private social care organisation who work with a number of people and their carers throughout East and Central Lancashire who live with Dementia.

For more information, visit their website or contact them by telephone on 01254 877755 or  07894 107098.